Thursday, September 01, 2011

Swagbucks Scam???????

I am not sure if swagbucks is a scam, but I am VERY DISSATISFIED with the time I wasted on their site eagerly expecting rewards and getting NOTHING.  I posted a positive blog about this site (which will soon be updated, here's the link if you wanna do a recap: http://miccheck123.blogspot.com/2011/08/sell-out.html), and since I have joined I have not seen the fruits of my efforts.

The first problem I experienced with them was through their affiliate RadiumOne Social.  The special offer on the swagbucks site promised 945 "swagbucks" (a currency that supposedly can be redeemed for products and gift cards) for signing up for a 30 day free trial with Equifax.com.  I signed up with Equifax and my order never confirmed with the swagbucks page to get my swagbucks.  I then sent in an inquiry with swagbucks and was contacted by their affiliate, RadiumOne social.  They first asked for me to copy and paste my order confirmation email to them from Equifax.  I did so, but that apparently wasn't good enough.  So, here is the rest of the conversation I had with them copy and pasted (sorry about the mess-ups with the bullet points, with copy-and-paste this is the best I could do):
  • Hi -
    Thank you for submitting your ticket to RadiumOne Support.
    We will get back to you as soon as possible,
    it typically takes between 1-4 days.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Thanks,
    RadiumOne Support

  • Hi-
    Send please a screen shot (jpg,bmp, or png format)from your Equifax ACCOUNT (Order history)to show that you successfully completed the offer requirements.
    Please note that tickets are closed automatically within 5 days.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Thanks,
    gWallet Support

    I do not know how to make a screenshot. I looked it up and tried by pressing insert/prt sc, delete/sys rq, alt, and even with the shift button, it didn't work. I don't know what else to do. My order number with Equifax is:
    1-11199621 563. Are you not able to confirm this with Equifax?
  • Hi -
    Please try to make the required screen shot with the help of the instructions attached below
    Please note that tickets are closed automatically within 5 days.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Thanks,
    RadiumOne Support

    Okay, I have attached a screenshot. My laptop would not make a
    screenshot, so I had to use a different computer to do it. This was
    very inconvenient. But it is done.

    • Hi -
      Please send us a screen shot (jpg,bmp or png format)
      of your Welcome/Confirmation e-mail with message heading,
      to show that you successfully completed the offer requirements
      Please note that tickets are closed automatically within 5 days.
      Sorry for any inconvenience.
      Thanks,
      RadiumOne Support
    It would seem that because my email and screenshot of my open equifax
    account are not enough, that you are calling me a liar. I do not
    appreciate that. I just called Equifax and had my free trial canceled.
 But wait, there's more.

I also had problems receiving the gift cards I ordered with my swagbucks that I had already earned.  They said it would take a couple of days to add them to my account.  Well, I waited a week and got NOTHING.  So, I quit swagbucks.  I wish I would not have wasted my time.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Hi, I have also done the offer for Equifax through RadiumOne...and NOTHING. I have sent the confirmation as well as the screenshot and keep getting the same robotic response. I am very upset about the whole thing because I have heard it could be a scam and I do not take putting my personal information on the internet including credit card numbers lightly.

Misty said...

Thanks for the comment, Cassie. You will have to call Equifax to get your free trial canceled. They won't cancel it online. I would bet that hey purposely make it inconvenient so that you will forget to call. I would suggest that you do that quickly so that you won't get charged for the next month of Equifax service. I am so disappointed with all of this. I might file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about Swagbucks. They need to get it together. I mean, even if RadiumOne is a third party, this is just NOT good business.

felicia said...

I am having the exact same problem with the equifax offer. swagbucks even deactivated mine and my husbands account. They were trying there hardest to not give us the gift cards we already earned. I reported swagbucks to the bbb and they finally reactivated. I sent 4 screenshots and radium one keeps asking for another screen shot. I told them today that I was going to report them as well. That is exactly why I always use my prepaid visa card.