Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Little Things About Me

Here's some stuff to know about me for readers who are unfamiliar with me.

- Most people already know that my favorite band is Radiohead, but if you didn't now you do.

- I was in my high school show choir (from '94-'96'.)  However, I do not and have never watched "Glee."

- I studied Film at UNO, but moved before I graduated.  I am finishing my degree slowly at UL Lafayette taking 1-2 classes each semester.  UL doesn't offer a Film degree, so I am finishing in General Studies.  Anyway, I still enjoy the medium of film very much.  In fact, the other day, I was doing my own research about a filmmaker just for my own entertainment. 

- I quit facebook over the summer, but occasionally I visit the site through Kyle's page.  I do not regret my decision about it, though.  In fact, almost every time I visit through Kyle's page, I am reminded of why I quit.  The main reason is that you have a lot less control over what you view through facebook.  Many of the posts didn't impact my life in a positive way.  Blogging has turned into my answer to that, because I can express myself more freely, and I have more power to choose which blogs I am reading. 

- I have not watched or read "Twilight" or "Harry Potter."  I have been exposed to some "Harry Potter" through friends' houses, but haven't paid much attention to it.  I feel that I am not really a part of that generation, and I have no interest in it.

- My very first favorite movie was "The Princess Bride," and that movie is still one of my top faves today.  It's awesome.

- I love dragons.  I used to collect them.  I would still do that, but I don't have extra money to spend on little collections at this time of my life.  I also used to collect Scooby Doo items.  I still have some of that stuff, and now I let the boys play with it.

- I got married at The Texas Renaissance Festival on November 19th, 2005.  Kyle dressed as a pirate captain, and I was a queen.  The good thing about theme weddings is that you can use your wedding clothes again and again.  (I will put up some pics at the end of this post.)

- Little known fact: I was actually in a local fashion show in high school.  Not that I was "model material" or anything.  Basically, the store recruited local high school kids to be in the show.  I knew an insider though my involvement with show choir and musical theater, and the show required a very short runway walk along with some dance numbers.  It was a lot of fun.

- I love baking stuff.  I really like baking breads that are sweet, muffins, cookies, and stuff.  I wish I had more time to devote to it.  As it is, I am currently over-scheduled, which is something I desperately need to work on.  But anyway, I have baked once each week for the last couple of weeks.  I really would like to be able to bake something once every week.  It's so nice to have a treat fresh out of the oven, and I am learning tricks on how to bake healthier.  In the long run, having healthier homemade treats around is much better that having processed, junky snacks.  Here's the recipe for the last thing I baked: Pumpkin Oat Bread (Points +).

- I love coffee.  I'm a big fan of the pumpkin spice latte.  I also love convenience store hot chocolates.  I have worked as a barista in 2 coffee shops.  Free beverages was a huge perk for me.

- I was diagnosed with ADD as a young adult (early 20s.)  I don't take meds for it, although I did for a while in the past, and yes, they helped.  Personally, I just don't like the idea of having to take something for the rest of my life, so I will just remain flawed.  Mostly, it is because of that particular type of medicine used to treat ADD.  Anyway, I have ADD-ed myself out for the day.  Seems like a good spot to end this particular blog post.

Here are some of my favorite dragons:



No comments: