Friday, July 29, 2011

Thursday and Friday

Yesterday afternoon, my friends, Leanne and Micah, came by for coffee.  Micah brought her new baby girl who is 2 months younger than R.  They are destined to be pals.  We took a couple of pics (see Misty's Family Pics n More.)  What a nice break from my weekly grind.

So, what's it like having 3 kids, ages 3 and under?

Today, I decided to make a trip to the Broussard Wal-Mart with all 3.  I put the boys in the 2-seater cart and carried R in the Infantino infant carrier.  It was a spectacle.  If I had been someone else, I would have looked at me like I was crazy.  Luckily, we went early, and the store wasn't very busy.  It was kind-of a workout carrying her and pushing the cart.  Behavior wasn't perfect, but really wasn't too bad, either.  I picked up some Starbucks on my way home (thanks to Mom's gift card.)  When we got home, S puked.  He seems fine now, so I don't know what happened there.

After we got home, I dealt with some behavior issues and one major tantrum.  I put away the Wal-Mart purchases, mailed a bill, made lunch, changed diapers, cleaned up puke, washed dishes, nursed R, refilled the hand soaps, swept the kitchen and dining room, and it's only 12:55 p.m.  I just put them down for naps, but I am not sure how long it will take for them to settle down.

I'm glad it's Friday, but I know that Kyle is planning on working for part of the day tomorrow.  So, it will be a short weekend.

Anyway, that's a small sample of my daily grind.  But, I usually try not to brave Wal-Mart with all the kids and not Kyle.  I was just feeling extra brave today, needed some household items, and needed an outing.  It's a daily challenge, but I wouldn't change a thing.  :-)

No comments: